1 package (18 1/2 ounces) cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix
2 tablespoons nonpareils (tiny, round, brightly colored sprinkles; found usually in the same area as cake mixes)
24 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
Prepared frosting (flavor is your choice)
Additional nonpareils and decorations for your cupcakes
1. Prepare oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in nonpareils.
3. Spoon in batter to fill a little over half of ice cream cone ( I will show you in pictures what happens when you over fill the cones).
4. Stand cones in 13x9 inch baking pan or in muffin pan cups. Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers come out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
5. Frost cupcakes and decorate
Here are the pictures of the good ice cream cone cupcakes: (my 2nd batch)
These were a huge hit for all the kids. They actually tasted really good!! I hope you enjoy as well.
Ok so when filling my first batch of cones I didn't think a little over half was full enough and I wanted my cupcakes to look like cones and not flat across the top. This is what NOT TO DO:
This is called over-filling and thinking I know more than the recipe, haha.
And this is why you only fill a little over half way. I hope none of you make the same mistake I made.