Monday, August 23, 2010

Potpourri Jar

I made a recipe the other night that called for orange marmalade and the only orange marmalade in the store was in a small decorative glass jar. I thought the jar looked really cute and couldn't stand to through it away so I decided to turn it into a potpourri jar.

I bought a bag of potpourri for $1.00 from Wal-Mart. I had some ribbon and lace at home that I decided to use. I used a big bowl to trace a circle with a marker on the lace so I would have a round circle.



Now I wrapped the ribbon around the top of the jar to see how much I would need to keep the lace on the top of the jar.  After putting the potpourri into the jar, I laid the lace on top and wrapped the ribbon around the rim over the lace and super glued the ribbon together (overlapping the ribbon slightly).  I added a bow for a little extra.  Now I have a nice smelling centerpiece for my table.